Monday, December 8, 2008

Who, What, Why?

As I contemplated starting this blog, I asked myself, Why do I want to write this? What am I going to write? Who would I be writing it for? And, does the world really need another blog?

My main motivation, and the main source of content that I foresee writing here, stems from the knack that I seem to have for encountering strange problems in my work - problems that do not lend themselves to solution by a quick search on Google. I end up searching all the documentation that I can find, googling the whole world, searching half a dozen different forums, and then experimenting till I find the answer.

Most of the time, I'm absolutely certain that someone else has run into the problem - the problems are not that far out there - but either no one has written about it, or I haven't found the magic combination of terms to put into the search engines to find it. So I want to share some of the things that I have learned, and hope that the search engines will pick it up and make available for the next guy that runs into a similar problem.

But I also, from time to time, feel like I have things to say in other areas of life as well. So this may end up being a strange mixture, and I'll see if anybody actually read it!

No comments: