Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Forex Experment: Day 1

Well, I finally did get the robots installed and running last night.  However, in order to do so, I had to completely remove the anti-virus software from my system.  As a computer professional, I would  never advise anyone to do that, and I am extremely uncomfortable with it.

I did finally get responses back from FRWC's support staff, though I was less than thrilled with the response time.  The response to both of my problems was "Disable your anti-virus software."  Which I had already figured out, but it's nice to have confirmation that that is the problem.

However, since this is my main workhorse machine, on which I do a lot of my work, store all my financial records, correspondence, pictures, etc., I am extremely uncomfortable leaving it running with no virus protection.  I have told their support department that, and we'll see what they say.

Meanwhile, I wait for results.  The robot has only been running since 10:00 last night, but overnight it hasn't done any thing yet.  I'll watch it for a while and see.  And meantime, try not to do anything else on that computer that would expose it to threats from the internet.

Stay tuned...

No comments: