Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Forex Robots: So far..., Well, we'll see

I promised a running commentary on the results of my experiment with Forex Robot World Cup winners. (See Forex Robot World Cup for details.)

I delayed my purchase for a day because I wanted a new trading account open and funded so that I could track my results more easily, and it took through the weekend to get that set up. But I did purchase the package Monday evening. However, things have not gone smoothly. The web page promises that you'll be up and running in 5 minutes. Well, I suppose that might be possible if you know exactly what buttons to click, and have complete faith. As I have said before, I'm a geek, and I want to read and understand exactly what I'm doing or being asked to do, which sometimes makes it harder than it needs to be. It took me all evening, and it's still not running.

When you download the packages, the web site warns you that "Oh, yeah, your anti-virus software might complain about this, but it's really okay. Trust us." Well, I am not quite that trusting, and my anti-virus did complain about it. In fact, I had to turn it off to even download it. So I spent quite a bit of time researching the virus message on the web before, hesitantly, deciding, yeah, it probably is safe and going ahead with the installation. (The jury is still out on whether it really is safe or not. Performance of my system in the days ahead will see.)

But then, the main robot package, the Fusion V that they tout so highly (the one that returned 354% in 19 days), refused to install at all. Windows just said it couldn't access it. I have a support ticket in with them. We'll see how quickly they respond.

I did install and turn on two of the other packages (the first and second place finishers in their competition), but neither of them would run. They both started and just sat there saying "Trying to authenticate...", even though I had entered the correct receipt code. So I have another support ticket in on that problem.

I'm still hopeful, but... We'll see how it goes. Again, stay tuned.

No comments: