Thursday, February 25, 2010

Forex Robot World Cup Robots - Real World, Day 2

I got a little rushed this morning and didn't have time to report on the first day my robots (See Forex Robot World Cup, or my earlier blog posts for details).

I think I've resolved that anti-virus issues.  I did some more research on the web, and I don't  believe  the programs themselves are virus threats.  And I think I understand how to set up my anti-virus program to continue to protect me and ignore the robots.  I'm going to try that out this weekend when the robots aren't running.

The first days results were not stunning, but they were positive.  The robot made 2 trades, both small winners, for a net gain of 0.03%.  Not very impressive, but at least it wasn't a loss.

This morning I adjusted some of the trading parameters to be a little more aggressive, while still limiting my risk.  I looked tonight, and it had made 4 trades, 3 of them winners and one very small loss.  But just a little while ago, it closed out one trade for a rather substantial loss.  So that puts it at 5 trades for the day, with 3 winners, and a net return for the day of -0.19%, and -0.16% since starting. 

You really can't make a judgement on one or two days.  We'll just have to see how it does.



No comments: